Help with fillable forms
As with all PSLRB forms, you are responsible for the completeness and accuracy of all data provided on fillable forms.
Our help file offers information on:
- Software for using fillable forms
- Completing fillable forms
- Submitting forms that you've filled out
- Saving fillable forms
- Trouble Shooting
Software for using fillable forms
To view and use fillable forms or to download blank forms for future use, you need:
- Adobe Acrobat Reader version 5.0 or higher
- The software can be obtained free from the Adobe website, which also offers customer support.
You may experience some "anomalies" when using Adobe's fillable pdf forms. Different computers and printers produce different results.
PLEASE NOTE: The hyperlink to Adobe belongs to an entity that is not subject to the Official Languages Act. The material found there is therefore in the language(s) used by the site in question.
Completing fillable forms
Along with the information provided here, you can consult the Adobe Acrobat Reader's online guides (under "Help" in the Reader's menu).
Moving within a form
How do you "find" where to enter text on the form? Move the cursor around the general area until it turns into a vertical line.
- Enter the appropriate data in each box or "field."
- To move from one field to the next, hit "Tab."
- This helps ensure that you don't accidentally skip over any fields.
- You can also use your cursor to move from field to field.
- Place your cursor in the field you want to fill in, then left-click.
Changing your data
- To replace data you've already entered in a field, place your cursor within the field and then left-click.
- This "selects" the existing data, which you can then adjust or replace.
- To clear the data from all fields and start over, click on the "Clear Fields" button located in the bottom right-hand corner of the form.
- Some forms contain boxes to be checked off.
- Place your cursor over the box you want to check off.
- When your cursor becomes shaped like a hand with its index finger pointing, click your left mouse button.
- To de-select a box, left-click on it again.
- Dates: Unless otherwise specified on an individual form, all dates must be entered in the format dd/mm/yyyy (for example, "03/08/2005" means August 3, 2005).
- Phone numbers: Along with the standard area code and phone number, you can enter your extension if you have one.
- For instance, there is room for you to type in (888) 888-8888, x 8888.
- Signatures: A fillable form that requires a signature must be signed by hand after you've completed and printed it.
- The system won't let you enter any electronic data in the signature field.
Mandatory fields appear in grey. If you try to print a form and have neglected to fill in a mandatory field, you will get an error message indicating "Some essential information is missing. The boxes appearing in yellow must be filled."
Click on the message and the system will bring you back to the first yellow box so that you can fill in the appropriate information.
More than one entry?
When you must enter information on more than one person/organization, the following message will appear:
"Where information on more than one person/organization is required, please complete the supplemental electronic form which references this section. Ensure you have completed and printed the present form prior to opening another form, as you will lose any information that you have entered."
Submitting forms that you've filled out
- After you've entered and verified the data on your fillable form, print it.
- Manually sign the form (if applicable).
- Before submitting your printed form, make a photocopy for your records.
Saving fillable forms
Downloading blank forms
Using the Adobe Acrobat Reader, version 4.05 or higher, you can download a blank fillable form for future use:
- Right-click on the hyperlinked file name and then select "Save Target As" (Internet Explorer) or "Save Link As" (Netscape).
- Save the document in the directory of your choice, then use your Reader to access it at your convenience.
- To access the saved form, click on "File" and then "Open" in the Reader's menu.
Saving forms that you've filled out
To save an electronic copy of a completed form that contains your own data, visit the Adobe website to purchase either:
- Adobe Acrobat Standard
- Adobe Acrobat Professional
If you have tried to access a .pdf form and it did not open, ensure you have Adobe Acrobat Reader installed on your computer. If this software is not installed on your computer, visit the Adobe website to download a copy.