Return to reports
Yukon Teachers Labour Relations Board Annual report 2006-2007
LABOUR RELATIONS BOARD
COMPOSITION OF THE BOARD
- Yvon Tarte
- Ian R. Mackenzie
- Sylvie Matteau (term ended September 1, 2006)
- Georges Nadeau
- Michele A. Pineau (appointed January 1, 2007)
- Dan Butler
- Barry Done
- Léo-Paul Guindon
- Dan R. Quigley
- Jean-Pierre Tessier (term ended February 28, 2007)
- Part-Time Adjudicators:
- Ruth Elizabeth Bilson, Q.C.
- Francine Chad Smith, Q.C.
- Joan M. Gordon
- John B. Hall
- Stan Lanyon
- Kenneth E. Norman
- John James Steeves
- Colin Taylor, Q.C.
PRINCIPAL STAFF OFFICERS OF THE BOARD
- Executive Director of the Board and General Counsel:
- Pierre Hamel
- Director, Dispute Resolution Services:
- Guy Baron
- Director, Compensation Analysis and Research Services:
- Guy Lalonde
- Director, Registry Operations and Policy:
- Susan Mailer
- Director, Corporate Services:
- Denise Benoit
- Director, Financial Services:
- Robert Sabourin
REPORT ON THE ADMINISTRATION
OF THE YUKON EDUCATION
STAFF RELATIONS ACT
FOR THE FISCAL YEAR ENDING
MARCH 31, 2007
Under an agreement with the Yukon government, the federal Public Service Labour Relations Board administers the collective bargaining and grievance adjudication systems for Yukon teachers. When performing these functions, that Board acts as the Yukon Teachers Labour Relations Board.
MEMBERSHIP OF THE BOARD IN 2006–2007
Yvon Tarte retired as Chair in May 2006 after 14 years serving the Public Service Labour Relations Board and its predecessor, the Public Service Staff Relations Board. Vice-Chairs, Sylvie Matteau and Ian R. Mackenzie, respectively, served as acting chairs until January 2, 2007 when the new Chair, Casper M. Bloom, Q.C., Ad. E., was appointed.
Michele A. Pineau was appointed as a Vice-Chair effective January 1, 2007. Ian R. Mackenzie and Georges Nadeau continued in their appointments as Vice-Chairs. In 2006–2007 Dan Butler, Barry Done, Léo-Paul Guindon, Dan Quigley and Jean-Pierre Tessier served as members of the Board. Jean-Pierre Tessier completed his term as a member and Sylvie Matteau completed her term as Vice-Chair.
Colin Taylor completed his term as adjudicator.
PROCEEDINGS IN 2006-2007
During the year under review, there were no proceedings.