Report on Plans and Priorities 2014-15 - Supplementary Information Tables - Greening Government Operations
Public Service Staffing Tribunal
Greening Government Operations (GGO)
The Tribunal is bound by the Policy on Green Procurement but not the Federal Sustainable Development Act. With the Table that follows, the Tribunal meets the mandatory reporting under Section 7 of the Policy.
Strategies / Targets / Comments
- Approach: The Tribunal’s approach to greening its operations is to ensure green considerations are incorporated in its procurement and disposal practices. The Tribunal’s management will continue its efforts to ensure that all procurement decisions are consistent with the Policy on Green Procurement.
- Management Processes and Controls: The Tribunal uses PWGSC procurement instruments as its primary procurement mechanism and leverages the environmental considerations incorporated into these standing offers and Supply Arrangements by PWGSC. Furthermore:
- The Tribunal will continue to encourage staff to use the recycling/shredder bins provided for paper and plastic. It will also make every effort to reduce paper usage by using electronic alternatives and by encouraging staff to minimize printing and copying by utilizing duplex printing options;
- The Tribunal will continue to follow the Federal Electronic Waste Strategy for the disposal of electronic and electrical equipment.
- Ensure that 95% of all paper and furniture purchases are made through PWGSC green consolidated procurement instruments, where available;
- Ensure only paper with at least 30% recycled content is purchased;
- Reduce paper acquisition through mandating printer acquisitions that can print in a double-sided format. Ensure only recycled toner cartridges are utilized; and
- Develop and implement a phased approach to reduce the number of local printers.